Local Covid-19 Information
Beacon Health System/Memorial Hospital Covid-19 Protocols Key Notes:
- Labor and Deliver- 1 essential support person over 18 yrs. of age.
- Pediatric Patients- 2 essential support persons.
- Other circumstances will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- COVID (or suspected of COVID):
- End of Life- 2 essential support person(s) after documented education on the risks and proper protection.
- All other circumstances- 1 essential support person with requests to be cleared by the Nursing Supervisor.
Each visitor must complete COVID screening at entrance way. Visitors will be given a mask and escorted directly to and from the unit by a designated navigator.
Further information: Beacon Health System Visitor Policy
St. Joseph Hospital Covid-19 Protocols Key Notes:
No visitors except for a few exceptions:
NICU, OB/Labor & Delivery/ Pediatrics, Surgery, Radiology and Cath lab.
- Mother and 1 support person may visit baby if mother is still a patient. Support person must be the same person for duration of baby’s stay in NICU.
- Once mother is discharged from post-partum, mother is encouraged to stay and board while baby is in NICU. Meal trays will be available. If boarding is available, the support person may stay continuously as well.
- If unable to board, mother can visit once each day. Support person can visit once each day with or without mother.
- Mother who is suspected for COVID or tests positive may not visit her baby in NICU.
- OB/Labor & Delivery:
- 1 support person.
- 1 certified doula who has been hired by the laboring mother.
- Adoptive parents pursuing legal adoption with a recognized adoption agency may board with their newborn.
- Non-Covid– One healthy parent or guardian may accompany the pediatric patient. Parents or guardians can switch out only once each day.
- Covid– One healthy parent or guardian may accompany the pediatric patient and must wear a gown, gloves, and mask at all times. No switching out for parents/guardians.
Futher information: St. Joseph Hospital Visitor Policy